Rolled up into ONE and SMOKED

Being a mom is no easy task, says every woman that is a MOM. You never know the curves that life will bring you. If you are known as the STRONG one, always supportive, always willing to help, ....you are not allowed to be broken...not even for a few minutes...the day you break, is the day people look at you side ways 👀👀👀, the gossip starts and the pointing. You are now "oh that bih" or "her", everyone and their momma have a problem with you because they didn't like your tone in a text or you looked passed them, when they wanted you to speak. How do we deal?! We don't.... We keep everything in and explode in the shower, where no one can hear our cries/frustration. Did I mention, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BREAK, says society!!! With all above and your minions running around the house, you have to be in tact honey!!(all the time, how dare we lose it) ......Life keeps us busy, especially moms. I salute all single moms, I salute my mom! Are moms perfect? Absolutely not, but most do what they can with what they have. As a mom who is running a business and taking care of so many people, I am finding that I am losing a piece of myself daily. Who was once outspoken (well more vocal, I shall say) and motivated/eager has become mute about a lot of things. I no longer have the energy and or want to give the energy to people, place or things. I found myself not giving a F ....and to be honest, I am okay with that, well certain things (not all). 2017 broke me down but did not break me, 2018 is building me up slowly but surely. Did you catch that testimony? 😃......I lost some people, I was sadden but now I am not, will I ever communicate with them?... maybe, I can not predict the future. With learning so much about my strength, my mental health, I developed a short list of things that is helping me keep my sanity. 

Here are 5 self care things you should be doing:
1. Take at least one mental health day a month (or more)....
go get a massage, treat yourself to the movies, etc
2. Read a book you normally would not read..
reading is fundamental, it will take your brain away from life, I like hood love novels (DJM)
3. Write out your feelings...
keeping things in will cause chest pains and built up aggression
4. Turn off all access to those not in your household....
you need a break sometimes
5. Find a hobby...
paint, sew, make jewelry (it is relaxing)

I know sometimes, as moms, as a woman, whatever your title may be, it seems we allow ourselves to be rolled up and smoked.....


-Elisa 

Comments