DIY with E

D.I.Y with E

Are you a do it yourself type of a person? I know I am. I am here for a good D.I.Y. I am believer that you do not have to be a creative person to do it yourself. I use to think I was not stylish enough and or creative enough to create some masterpiece but one day when I had to add up the cost for certain items (babyyyyyyy)....I became the best "I can tackle this -ish myself" lol. 
So this past year, yes year lol I know we only in the 6th month of 2020 but I had to put together 3 birthday parties and in 2019, I did all the table centerpieces and ceremony pieces for my wedding. I balled on a budget for #RobinMyHeart. 

Party 1 
So my son turned ONE and I wanted to do a Monster Theme. So I created Monster balloon column, y'all this was my very first time doing a balloon column and I was so proud of myself! I plan to do more of these beauties. 
  

 Also, I created monster goodie bags and monster cheese curls cup holder! 

Party 2 
My leap day baby turned 4 (lowkey 2 lol) but this momma gave him a Carnival Theme party. I made the balloon arch for the backdrop, this was my first time making this type of arch. I'm proud of myself. I brought the balloons from amazon it came with the plastic to insert the balloons into and balloon glue dots. I love it! But I would prefer to use string too, some of the balloons kept falling out, which was annoying. 
 So the games, I made each and everyone. The games consisted of; Cup Knock Down where we used nerf guns to knock them down, Fish in the bowl (we had real gold fish that the kids took home with them), 2ft size connect four, and mini basketball hoop. I spent about $60 on all supplies for this party party.
 
      

Wedding 
Who doesn't love wedding planning? lol says every bride to be šŸ˜­ Well I was here for it! Plus I needed it to save money! So for my wedding, I made just about everything!
1. Mine and my Bridesmaids bouquets
2. Wedding Programs
3. Arch for ceremony
4. Table Centerpieces

Bridesmaids, I brought my flowers from Amazon and the broaches for mine. I love glitz so I needed to add some bling plus I've always loved bling bouquets.
Now for my Wedding Programs, I originally saw a heart shape fan at a Wedding Vendor Festival and fell in love but ugh I got that price and I said ohhhhh I can not. Now, her price is deserving because woo child doing those programs wore me out but I just couldn't stomach the price. 
This arch was so last minute but I loved it. Our guest list became to big for the cement side of the outside venue so we had to move to the grass, so I needed an arch for the Gazebo.
 
Last, my table centerpieces, I wanted centerpieces I could reuse so I went with Wine Bottles and Mason Jars that has pictures of us throughout our years together. The table numbers I placed on cut out hears and placed inside the bottle on the table sitting on a mirror with rhinestones around it...Cute right?

So this is my DIY Chronicles, part one. I will have more in the near future because I stay doing it by myself!  

Feel free to leave a comment and or email me at millennialsmomclub@gmail.com if you have any questions!

Comments

  1. You did a great job , I’m becoming a D.I.Y person as well. Keep up the good work . I’m all about saving money as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment