Talking with FosteringWholeness

Hey MomE readers, I had the opportunity to talk to Fostering Wholeness
about being a mom during this Pandemic. Have you seen the memes about how parents are handling now being home with kids?!...
Welp I am the Meme with the mom drinking no shade no tea..lol...and I love my kids and I actually want one more πŸ˜‚ ... Below you will find techniques on how other parents can handle daily stressors, activities with the family  and much more. Be sure to check out Fostering Wholeness, their social media information will be below. 


What are some creative things parents can do during this pandemic to keep kids occupied?
* Some creative things parents can do during this pandemic to keep their kids occupied are arts and crafts activities. Pinterest is my bestfriend even before this pandemic. They have tons of activities that are family oriented. Also parents, take the kids outside even if it's a walk around your block, they are used to some play time in school so remember to allow them some time to play. Have a movie night, we watched Trolls World Tour as a family. Last, although most restaurants are closed, Rita's is open, we take weekly trips to get ice cream. 
Want to follow me on Instagram? Check my page on pinterest here

How should parents approach distance learning and the challenges it presents ? 
* Parents, distance learning is a learning process in it's self! I know it is very stressful and can be time consuming especially if you already feel like the world is on your shoulders. I say, take it one day at a time. Kids should be on the computer every day for about 1-2hours doing their assignment. My oldest attends a charter school, so on his google classroom we have a weekly schedule and dates when tasks are due. So I make sure everything is completed by the due date. I can tell you the 1st 2 weeks I was pulling my hair. I just found out, we had to press 2 submission buttons on his work in order for his teacher to see he completed his work. A mess. So parents, just take deep breaths and take it one day at a time. Also, try not to be so hard on the kids. As parents we learn parenting techniques in regards to raising our children. We are not trained as educators.

How important is self-care in parenting especially since kids are at home 24/7?  What does self-care look like?
*How important is self care?! Ha, this is a trick question lol..... So it is very important but does it happen every day, nope, realistically it won't even if we did not have kids 24/7. However, as a mom or a dad we have to find time. So I try to go walking around the track, which my family goes together but I walk by myself. This allows me to think and clear my head. Also, I take bubble bath at least once a week where I lock the door and light my candles. I will say this pandemic has intensified daily stressors that wouldn't normally caused stress. Oh, and I've been drinking wine more 😊. I've had bottles that sat for months that are now gone lol. All in all self care can look like anything that brings you peace. Daily prayer, mediating, speaking to a friend to vent, or it may be a nap. Sometimes our brain is always on overdrive and we just need to rest. Last, binge watch a tv show or read a book, allow your brain to take you places you can not physically be.

What are some healthy ways parents can deal with frustration and guilt that comes along at time?
* Healthy ways parents can deal with frustrating is talking to a friend they trust, who understands that they are venting and can be empathetic to their feelings. Also, it is okay if during this time, you are realizing you need a therapist. I normally handle frustration with venting to a friend or I may drop 10 tears 😭and I pray for guidance and strength. As a parent, we will always feel guilty about something, its our nature. It will always be something we could have done better but we are HUMAN and we are doing the best we can. No need to feel guilty. Everyday you get to experience life and it is a learning experience to do it better or a different way then the day before.

What are some resources you use when you feel like you are struggling as a parent?
* Resources I use when I feel like I am struggling as a parent is my mom and God. I call my mom just about for anything, and she will listen and her listening calms me down and she is able to say "Elisa you know blah blah"..so it gives me another perspective. I also pray when I find myself beyond frustrated to calm me down. I also talk to my friends who have older children, they may have already been through things that I am now experiencing. It's good to get advice from other moms.

To learn more about Fostering Wholeness they are on Facebook and Instagram at

Be sure to follow MillennialMomClub on IG 
Do you have a mom story, need advice, or want to sponsor? Send an email to MillennialsMomClub@gmail.com

Use hashtag #MillennialMomClub #MomEMoments
@EJanai5 host 

Comments