The Push I needed....

Lately I have been feeling "blah" and I know it is due to outside being shut down and not being able to move about, as I please annddddddddd because I have my kids for 100 hours of the day lol . Don't get me wrong I love them to death but momma need a break!
 This morning I watched "Becoming"the documentary about Michelle Obama life and in the documentary, she is sitting with a group of young ladies and question was asked about how do you "highlight yourself to stand out from others". Our Forever First lady made a comment about actually telling your story for others to KNOW YOU and not just the statistics.
In our society, people strive to make the most money/get the best grades (which are all good) but in my community you ain't poppn' unless you're popping bottles and or very popular. (Yes I just used ain't so what).... but what makes you YOU, is what I got from that small segment when she was talking to the group of girls. That sentence gave me the push I needed in the right moment. Who am I? I've been struggling with telling my story through my Podcast and Blogging due to insecurities and being afraid, yet on my other hand I am constantly pushing the youth I serve at Diamonds On The Rise Inc. on being the best they can! How can that be possible?...it is 100% possible because who wants to hear my story yet my story considers me being a statistic as well, first generation to attend college who grew up living in the inner city. So it got me thinking, what is my story (who inspires me the most) and to be honest "there ain't a woman alive who can take my momma place"... My story starts with my mother and I have added on many characters throughout my experience called LIFE. My mom is my pride and joy, not always perfect as becoming a mom at the age of 18yo and not having an active mother at all in her life but she is perfect to me. Her navigating  through life, she raised me to giveback to people in need, being empathetic to others and to always work hard (even when you feel like your back is against the wall). Giving me the vision to start a youth non profit that I have cried and sweated over for the past 9 years and within the last 3 years added a mental health agency. I have been able to serve over 500 plus youth and families thus far. I needed to hear "what's your story", my story is not done yet and although at times I may feel stuck at the moment, I have to remember each person who has supported my vision with my business and the encouragement or constructive criticism I have received.  I will continue to add to my story....have you started yours?.....

Be sure to follow @MillennialMomClub on IG
Do you have a mom story, need advice, or want to sponsor? Send an email to MillennialsMomclub@gmail.com
Use hashtag #millennialmomclub #momEmoments
Follow host @Ejanai5


Comments